Distinguished Lecturer Series
- October 5, 2006 - 5:30-6:30pm
Rico Malvar, Director of Microsoft Research
“Recent Advances in Digital Processing of Images and Audio”
Host: Sanjit Mitra
- November 16, 2006 - 2:00-3:00pm
Sadik Esener, Professor at UC, San Diego
"Photons in the Bio-Nanotech Era"
Host: Sandy Sawchuk
- January 25, 2007 - 2:00-3:00pm
John Hayes, Professor at the University of Michigan
"Handling Transient Errors in Logic Circuits"
Host: Mel Breuer/ Sandeep Gupta
- February 13, 2007 - 4:00-5:00pm
Kwabe Boahen, Associate Professor at Stanford
“The Technology behind Neurogrid”
Host: Alice Parker
- April 4, 2007 - 2:00-3:00pm
Evelyn Hu, Professor at UC, Santa Barbara
"Thinking Inside the Box: Quantum Dots Tuned to Photonic Crystal Cavities"
Host: Daniel Dapkus